New Teams Forming for Boys and Girls Born in 2010 and 2011
San Carlos United Soccer Club is currently holding tryouts for boys and girls born in 2010 and 2011. Teams formed for this age group will begin playing in the spring of 2018.
Players must register online prior to attending the tryouts.
|Sunday 11/5||8:30am – 10:00am||Stadium Grass Field||Boys|
|Sunday 11/5||10:00am – 11:30am||Stadium Grass Field||Girls|
|Monday 11/13||3:30pm – 5:00pm||Heather Grass Field||Boys & Girls|
|Thursday 11/16||3:30pm – 5:00pm||Highlands Turf Field||Boys & Girls|
|Saturday 11/18||9:00am – 10:30am||Highlands Turf Field||Girls|
|Saturday 11/18||10:30am-12:00pm||Highlands Turf Field||Boys|
Please arrive 15 minutes before to check in for the tryout. Wear cleats, shin guards and bring a ball and a water bottle.
Note: In accordance with the NorCal policy, boys and girls born in 2009 or older who are interested in San Carlos United, please contact our Director of Coaching, Nick Dye (email@example.com).
Long Term Player Development
- Player Centered-Coach Guided-Sport Science-Administration-Evaluation
- Heavy emphasis on developing technical skills with an age appropriate curriculum from proven European models
Strong focus on psychomotor skills, balance, coordination, speed & agility, movement acquisition, spatial awareness
We ensure that players are experiencing success, feel empowered to express themselves creatively, feel free to make mistakes, and are having FUN
- Winning is not our main priority, but developing your child to their fullest potential with self confidence and a positive self esteem IS our main priority
- Teaching and modeling fundamental values and life lessons are extremely important to us
- We aim to develop well rounded players who can dominate games with attacking soccer skills, while enjoying every minute of their experience
Season Dates and Practice Frequency
- Spring season runs approximately from early March-early/mid June
- Fall season runs approximately from early August-November/December (depends on league, Norcal State Cup placement)
- Practices will be two sessions per week (1.5 hours in duration), with 1-2 games on the weekends
Travel, Expectations, and Cost
- Away games will be primarily played along the Peninsula, with some games requiring minimal travel
- While we would love for our players to prioritize soccer all year round, we understand and encourage them to participate in other sports. Our expectation is that in the Fall, soccer is their top priority, and in the Spring, we want soccer to be a high priority, but understand it may not be the main priority
- Costs: approximately $850-950 per season. This estimated cost covers full time professional coaching/training/administration, league/tournament fees, club dues, and fields. Please note that this does not cover uniform costs. (Fall season typically runs closer to the $900-950 range, and Spring towards the $750-850 range)